Thursday 23 February 2012

Slow and steady

Last night I finally managed to complete the 11 Knights Snow Leopard that I've been working on for the last week. I've been painting on every evening except one, and by the time they were done I was really ready to move on. It probably took me around 12 hours of painting to finish the batch, which still doesn't sound as long as it felt.
11 Knights Snow Leopard, done at last
The same group from behind, showing the cloaks
As with the other Knights Snow Leopard, I have held off from painting markings on the cloaks. I may come back and do it later, at the same time as I look at things like freehand detailing on banners. For now I just want them done and to move on. There are still 10 more models to do before the unit is complete, and it's going to be touch-and-go as to whether I will make my February target. One thing that can be said for these painting goals - normally it takes an impending tournament to drive me to sit down and paint on a frequent basis, however the monthly targets seem to be having the same effect.
The final batch
My plan has been to paint more knights in March, however I am starting to wonder if I should break things up a bit first. On the bright side, the remaining knight unit has no gold detailing or cloaks and simpler shields, so they might be a bit faster to get done. I can hope...

1 comment:

  1. This means for once you have out-painted me... damned school camps which we teaching-type men are forced to attend...

    ReplyDelete